Simple, effective, and fun. That’s the best way to describe this easy-to-implement wellness program. On every third Thursday set up an education table in the cafeteria or other high traffic location (Point of Service). Align the topic with a national health month or an internal initiative. Some ideas to get started:
- Blood Pressure — providing free checks along with literature
- Back Care — distributing information as well as demonstrating safe movement techniques
- First-Aid — offering American Red Cross first aid kits as a gift idea for sale just before the holidays
- National Nutrition Month — having a registered dietitian available in March to answer questions and provide low-fat food samples/recipes
- Good Hydration — presenting materials on proper hydration and giving away free reusable water bottles
- Home Safety – explaining protection techniques for theft, fire, and carbon monoxide with the chance to win a home alarm system.
The real value isn’t so much the education you impart, but making connections and having a reason to collect names and follow-up.