Health Enhancement Systems (HES) is the world leader in workplace wellness campaigns. Our programs help hundreds of thousands of participants improve health — from nutrition to fitness to stress management to weight loss and more each day.
A passionate full-time web developer to join our team based in Midland, Michigan. We build React (support AngularJS) web applications which connect to a Ruby on Rails API. We follow contemporary development practices (scrum, iteration planning, alpha and beta testing) and use robust project management tools (ClickUp, Figma).
Benefits & Perks
- Remote option (US-based)
- Generous paid vacation
- Simple IRA plan
- Health Insurance options
- HSA contribution
- $200 smart phone credit + $30/month for data
- Monthly wellness benefit for personal health/wellness products or programs
- Adjustable height desk
- Daily walking breaks
- Onsite fitness center
- Every other week, half-day Fridays
- Familiarity with designing and consuming RESTful web services
- Exposure to back-end technologies and implementations (SQL/MySQL, nginx/apache, etc.) is a positive
- Customer service mindset — will do whatever is necessary to take care of clients efficiently, accurately, and with professionalism, even if the client is in error
- Helping nature — desire to assist clients and colleagues whenever necessary to contribute to the overall value and growth of HES
- Self-starter — must be able to understand overall goals/direction but not require close supervision
- Confident personality — without being pushy or aggressive
- Team player — can be relied on to complete tasks and work well with others
- Flexible and responsive — can shift focus quickly with changing priorities
- Calm — handles multiple priorities while staying relaxed.
Don’t send a resume (yet). The first step is to write a Why You Need Me letter. Take some time to learn about HES and our industry, reflect on the job responsibilities and qualities we’re looking for, then describe to us why you’re the perfect fit for the job. Feel free to include a code sample. Send your letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.