Effective: July 12, 2021
Because we’re committed to safeguarding your wellness client/participant confidentiality, the following privacy principles apply:
- Campaign participant data is processed within the USA.
- In cases when the challenge may need personal information to customize content or to inform you about new features or services, you will be explicitly asked for that information.
- Personally identifiable information provided is processed to provide HES wellness campaigns at the customers instruction; we employ strict security measures to safeguard personal information, which is stored in a secured database.
- Note that when you opt in to social features, you agree to share your name, email address, and logging information (minutes, steps, points, etc.) with other program participants.
- Individuals across the globe, including the European Economic Area, have certain statutory rights in relation to their personal data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to Information, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct this Information. You can usually do this using the settings and tools provided in your account. If you cannot use the settings and tools, please contact HES with any questions or concerns.
- To comply with European Union data protection laws around international data transfer mechanisms, we offer European Union Model Clauses, also known as Standard Contractual Clauses, to meet adequacy and security requirements for our customers who operate in the European Union and the United Kingdom. A copy of our standard data processing addendum, incorporating Model Clauses, is available here.
We may disclose personal information:
- To any person performing audit, legal, operational, or other services for us. Whenever feasible, we will use information that does not identify the individual for these activities. Information disclosed to vendors or contractors for operational purposes may not be re-disclosed to others by such a vendor or contractor.
- When required to do so by a subpoena, court order, or search warrant.
- As we deem appropriate to protect the safety of an individual, for an investigation related to public safety, or to report an activity that appears to be in violation of law.
- To protect the security and reliability of this site and to take precautions against liability.
Email addresses may be used for internal communications.
The challenge website has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of data under our control.